State of Nevada ~ Board of Occupational Therapy
  1. What are the costs for a license in Nevada?

    A listing of all licensing fees can be viewed at the Click to Pay link. You may pay your fees with a credit card or submit a check with your application payable to the Board of Occupational Therapy.
  2. Is an address list of Nevada licensed OTs and OTAs available for purchase?

    An address list of all licensed OT's and OTA's is available for a fee of $50.00 payable by credit card through the Click to Pay on the website. If preferred, You may submit a written request with check payment. The listing is sent in electronic format to the e-mail address provided; or mailed as requested.
  3. How can I verify my Nevada license?

    Click on the link marked "Nevada Licensure Verification" and follow the instructions.
  4. What is the process to verify my license to another state? Is there a fee?

    There is a $25.00 fee for verification of licensure to another state or agency. You may request the verification and pay the fee by credit card through the Click to Pay link. Indicate the agency and address to be sent in the Shipping Address of the payment form. You may also request the verification and pay by check through the mail.
  5. Do I need pre-approval to provide my courses to OTRs and COTAs in the State of Nevada?

    You do not need pre-approval, OTRs and COTAs may take any continuing education courses appropriate to their practice.
  6. How often is a license required to be renewed?

    An active license will expire twelve (12) months from date of issuance, and may be renewed annually.
  7. How long does it take to receive a license in Nevada?

    Please allow 4 weeks from date of application for receipt of all required documentation. Licenses are issued within 5 days after receipt and approval of all required documentation.
  8. What are the continuing education requirements?

    A minimum of 12 contact hours of continuing education is required annually. Documentation is required to renew or reinstate a license.